Saving enough for a down payment is an obstacle many people can’t overcome. But did you know there’s a government program that could help? The USDA Guaranteed Rural Housing Program gives borrowers with low to moderate incomes the opportunity to own homes in eligible areas by allowing them to take advantage of 100% financing. It’s affordable homeownership that helps America’s communities thrive.
Use the USDA Income and Property Eligibility Site to see if the property address is eligible. For more on the program and income qualifications please reach out to your First Class Mortgage Loan Officer.
Is a USDA loan right for you?
The USDA Mortgage is meant to spur homeownership in pre-designated rural and underdeveloped areas. Take advantage of a 0% down-payment with this program!
Benefits of a USDA loan
- 100% financing: That’s right! This program offers 100% financing for qualifying members.
- First time buyer friendly: USDA Rural Loans can be used by first-time buyers and repeat home buyers alike.
- No homeowner counseling required: Unlike some other mortgage programs, the USDA program doesn’t require a homeowner counseling course to qualify.
USDA loan eligibility requirements
- Ability to prove creditworthiness, typically with a credit score of at least 580
- Stable and dependable income
- A willingness to repay the mortgage – generally 12 months of no late payments or collections
- Adjusted household income is equal to or less than 115% of the area median income
- Property serves as the primary residence
- Property is located in a qualified rural area