1. Shopping For a Home:
- Stay in touch with your loan officer and keep us updated on your house hunting
- Remember to check your emails and try to respond promptly with any requests for additional information (keep an eye on your spam/junk folders)
- Utilize your preapproval letter. There is a generic one you can start using in this folder. We can easily adjust this letter with any specifics needed, such as an address
- Make an offer! Let us know if it is accepted or not
- Call or email your loan officer to schedule a mortgage meeting if the offer is accepted
Time Frame: as long as it takes to find your dream home
2. Mortgage Meeting: it’s time to secure financing.
You will need the following:
- Purchase Agreement
- Realtor contact information
- Copy of the earnest money check
- Copy of updated pay stubs and bank statements
- Other documents requested by your loan officer
Time Frame: in-person meeting or conference call (1-1.5 hrs)
3. Processing: a First Class Mortgage processor will begin to work on your file.
- You can expect to hear from them via phone and/or email
- Please note that it is not unusual for us to need additional documents during this time
- Watch your email and/or phone for messages and updates
During this time frame:
- We will arrange for an appraisal to be completed on the property
- You will need to get homeowners insurance lined up
Time Frame: 30-60 days from mortgage meeting to closing
Loan Process Overview:
Refer a friend to receive $300 off closing costs for you & a friend!*
*Offer applicable on new loans only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion. Offer must be applied to the loan at the time of application. Offer not redeemable for cash. Not applicable on brokered loans. Other terms and conditions may apply. Contact your First Class Mortgage consultant for details.
Simplify the mortgage process by installing our app. Calculate FULL monthly payments, send important documents, and stay up to date on the mortgage process & your home loan.